Sunday, June 20, 2010

3 pounds and a Happy Father's Day!










Noah broke 3 pounds!!! Yay Noah!!! Right now all he has to do is gain weight, next week he will attempt to eat from a bottle, and then with each week a new milestone will occur. He will then have an eye test, his Hep B shot, his non bottle feedings will change from being managed by a machine, to a gravity feed, where the syringe hangs and his food just drips down on its own. We are really hoping that he takes the bottle well, in order to come home, he has to master the sucking, eating, and breathing technique. I think he will do just fine, especially since he has been doing such a great job at taking his pacifier.

We spent majority of our weekend with him. He had visits from both grandparents, and his grandma Oman bought him some super cute premie outfits. I cannot wait for him to come home, and dress him in his all of his clothes.

It was so hard leaving him today, and yesterday. It's always hard, but especially on the weekends, since we spend more time with him. Driving to Nick's parents house today, I just started to cry, because I so badly wished that Noah was in the backseat going with us. I envy those people who get to bring their baby places. I know, soon he will be home, but it is really hard to spend my maternity leave without a baby...and not knowing his come home date.
:(
Once he master's eating from a bottle, hopefully we'll know when he'll be able to come home.

Noah and Nick spent a lot of daddy and son time today. I think Nick really enjoyed his first Father's Day, just holding his little boy....and Noah even made Nick a Father's Day card (with the help of his nurses, that is). Nick received a card with Noah's picture, it was so cute and thoughtful.


2 comments:

  1. Nick & Jill:
    Soon, very soon, you will have him home. Time is flying and he is getting bigger. Keep the faith and everything will work out just fine.
    We love you and continue to pray for his growth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you that he is getting bigger, he looks exactly like Nick. I see how much he has changed and grown in this short time and he is making leaps and bounds. God is blessing you and will continue to do so. I love you and I am always praying for you

    ReplyDelete