Thursday, July 8, 2010

35 weeks






Noah is now 35 weeks (5 weeks adjusted) old...and almost 5 pounds. He weighs 4.10 and is 17 inches long.



He is getting stronger; however, he isn't allowed to take his bottle for a few days. He was dropping his heart rate too often, so the docs wanted to give him a break so he could mature and get stronger. Today though, we received really good news (despite no bottle)...he was moved to the TLC unit. He now has his own private room!!! YAY! This is the room we want to be in, it is the last room before he is released to go home. It was soo nice being back in a private room, no distractions, there aren't people coming in and out, it is just us.

On a gross note, my little boy has decided to save his nasty and most disgusting dirty diapers just for me this week. He is like a play dough machine! Of course, Nick happened to not be there for the messiest ones!!! Let me tell you, changing a nasty diaper like that is not easy when the baby is laying in an isolette! Nick and I will be diaper and clothes changing experts after having to do it while Noah lays in the isolette.

This weekend is my shower...it feels weird and awkward having a shower when I don't have a belly, or a baby at home. I am not sure how I will feel the day of the shower, it will be a bittersweet day for me. I plan on spending the morning with Noah, so hopefully that will make the whole thing easier on me. I didn't think it would really affect me, but the closer the day gets, the harder it seems like it will be. Even if Noah was out of the hospital, he wouldn't be going to the shower, but if he were home, it would make things a lot easier on me emotionally. Maybe once he knows what cute things he receives, he will want to come home, and then take his bottle like a natural.
:)

3 comments:

  1. Noah has such bright eyes when they are open. So, he's leaving you diaper cakes this week; how funny. I'm so thrilled to hear that he has moved into his own, private room. This is very exciting news. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you can enjoy the shower- baby Noah will need all the goodies you are showered with! Wish I could be there to see you and give you a big hug! Thanks for keeping the blog updated. So happy to hear Noah is packing on the pounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful thing to hear!! Noah get's a private room...& SOON he'll get to be in his very OWN room at home w/you, Nick & all the wonderful new things you'll be getting tomorrow. He'll be needing everything because he's growing!!! :)

    I can only imagine how "weird" it will be for you at your shower. Just remember everyone is there to celebrate your miracle & rejoice with you both. I pray that you're able to find peace & become comfortable so that you can enjoy your special day. And if not....let the laughter of the "amway women" cure that temporary uneasiness you feel. lol
    Can't wait to give you a big hug...& i'll bring amanda's too. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete