Sunday, July 18, 2010

Noah must have realized....






he's white..

When Noah was born one of the nurses told us that lil girls, and black boys do really well in the hospital, but for some reason, white boys tend to take longer. So when Noah was gaining fast, and not having any problems, she said "he must not realize what color he is, cause he is doing so well- so don't tell him he is white until he gets home!!!" ha ha ha
Well, Noah must have realized his color, because he has gotten lazy, and slowed down his fast progress. Once Noah takes all of his bottles at each of his feeds, he will be able to go into a crib, and hopefully come home soon. He was doing well prior to his eye exam on Thursday, and since then he hasn't been taking his full bottle. He did really well all last night, and most of today, but during the two feedings I gave him, he gave himself the hiccups halfway through, and had to stop, and his second feeding with me he fell asleep.
He was super awake when we were there today, which never happens, and I think him being awake longer than normal made him too sleepy to finish his bottle. Tonight when we called for an update, he took 1/2 again at 6, and whoo hoo, took a full bottle at 9pm.

It was so great having him wide awake for our visit, because he ALWAYS falls asleep when he is in my arms..he sat with daddy watching golf, and just staring at us. :)

We are going into his 37th week, which means my 7th week off work. I am no closer to knowing what we are doing when it comes to having someone watch Noah when I go back to work...which is very upsetting and stressful. I would love to either go part time, or ideally just not work, but those options are not available to us at this time; so I dread going back. I just hope that Noah comes home soon so I can have some time with him before the end of my leave.
:( I already feel the ache in my heart thinking about leaving him, and going back to work..and he isn't even here yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment